DOWNLOAD COURSE BROCHURE
Public training rates are $195.00 GST Free per person.
For corporate or group rates, please contact our office at 1300 001 201.
We accept payment by credit card or EFT.
Credit card payment can be made over the phone 1300 001 201 or in person at our Bendigo office.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following unit(s) of competency:
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
The First Aid training course includes the following units of competency:
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
These units cover the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and provide first aid response to a casualty. These units apply to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
The following subjects will be covered as part of the training:
Responding to an emergency situation
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty.
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance ARC guidelines.
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles.
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty.
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible.
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible.
- Monitor the casualty’s condition and respond in accordance with first aid principles
Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services.
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies.
Review the incident
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required.
1 full day course (approximately 8 hours)
Face to face
There are no pre-reading requirements. All content is covered in class as part of the training.
Students will be required to complete a written theory assessment as well as a practical demonstration assessment.
Mixture of multiple choice and short answer questions. Student will be required to write down their own answers.
For students with learning disabilities or lack of English proficiency, reasonable adjustment may be applicable on a case-by-case basis. Please give us a call on 1300 001 201 to discuss your specific learning needs.
Each student will be required to participate in practical scenarios to demonstrate that they have:
- managed, in line with ARC guidelines, the unconscious, breathing casualty including appropriate positioning to reduce the risk of airway compromise
- managed, in line with ARC guidelines, the unconscious, non-breathing adult, including:
- performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult manikin placed on the floor
- using defibrillator (AED) to deliver at least one shock
- demonstrating a rotation of single rescuer operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- responding appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed, in line with ARC guidelines, the unconscious, non-breathing infant
- managed casualties, with the following:
- non-life-threatening bleeding
- envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, using appropriate immobilisation techniques
- minor wound cleaning and dressing
No formal pre-requisite requirements apply.
Students must be 16 years of age or older. Participants under 18 years of age will be required to provide parental consent to attend training.
Given the nature of the practical assessment, students must be fit and able to squat, bend over and perform chest compression on a CPR manikin on the floor.
Reasonable adjustment may be applicable on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions about the practical assessment or the fitness requirements, please give us a call 1300 001 201.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Sound reading and writing skills required to undertake the written assessment. Reasonable adjustment may be applicable on a case-by-case basis. Please get in contact with us if you have any questions regarding the minimum LLN requirements.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Students attending this course require a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you do not have a USI, you will need to get one from the USI Website: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi
If you think you may already have a USI you can check here: https://www.usi.gov.au/faqs/i-have-forgotten-my-usi
Please arrive in suitable clothing (enclosed footwear mandatory, long sleeve shirts and long pants are recommended)
FAQ & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
How often should I complete First Aid training?
The Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines state that all those trained in HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation should refresh their CPR skills at least annually – ARC GUIDELINE 10.1 Basic Life Support Training
The “refresher” training for CPR is a half-day course.
The Safe Work Australia First aid in the workplace Code of Practice confirms the annual refresher requirements for CPR and also notes that first aid qualifications should be renewed every 3 years.
The “refresher” training for First Aid is a full-day course.
How often do you deliver First Aid courses?
Public First Aid training courses are scheduled roughly once per month at our East Bendigo Training centre. Additional courses may be scheduled depending on the level of demand.
Public training dates are listed on our website under Upcoming Public Courses.
If none of the dates suit, please call our office at 1300 001 201 and we’ll advise of other date options that may be available.
Where are your training centres located?
Our Bendigo Training Facility is located at 10 Trantara Court, East Bendigo, VIC 3550
Our Perth Training Facility is located at 21 Joel Terrace, East Perth, WA 6004
How do I book in for a First Aid course?
You can book in by calling our office at 1300 001 201 or online by selecting your preferred date from the list of dates under Upcoming Public Courses.
Once enrolled, you will receive an automated confirmation e-mail with full details about your upcoming booking.
Can you provide First Aid training within our workplace?
Yes! We can definitely deliver workplace training. Please give us a call at 1300 001 201 to discuss your training needs further and receive a quote for on-site training.
Do you take large group bookings?
Currently, any courses delivered at our training facilities are capped at 10-12 students per class.
For on-site training, we may be able to deliver training to larger groups; however, that is dependent on the type of training being delivered and the size of the available facilities.
For group bookings, either at our training centres or at your site, please give us a call at 1300 001 201.
Please review the Learner Handbook as it provides important information in relation to your rights and responsibilities as a learner with ISH24
Influenza and COVID-19 Management
The health and wellbeing of our personnel and fellow students at ISH24 is our number one priority.
ISH24 will continue to deliver training in a face-to-face environment with the following measures in place:
- Face masks are available to all students upon request
- Hand sanitisation products are available to all visitors
- Thorough cleaning procedures are implemented at all training facilities
- Ad hoc safety measures might be implemented in response to rise in infections or based on recommendations from regulatory and governing bodies
We ask that students also follow basic hygiene and safety precautions while completing training with ISH24.
We continue to closely monitor the constantly evolving situation surrounding coronavirus and will amend our service delivery procedures to stay in line with the advice of the Australian Government.
If you feel unwell the evening before the course, or on the morning of the course, please do not attend.
Please notify us that you will be unable to attend, by emailing us at email@example.com or leave a message if you are calling outside of business hours on 1300 001 201
We thank everyone for their understanding and cooperation
If you have any other questions about our training, please give us a call at 1300 001 201
Or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry
UPCOMING PUBLIC COURSES
Cost (GST free)
|HLTAID011 Provide first aid||Friday, December 15, 2023||08:30 am - 04:00 pm||ISH24 Bendigo Training Centre||2||$195.00||
|HLTAID011 Provide first aid||Thursday, January 11, 2024||01:00 pm - 05:00 pm||ISH24 Bendigo Training Centre||12||$195.00||
|HLTAID011 Provide first aid||Thursday, February 1, 2024||08:30 am - 04:00 pm||ISH24 Bendigo Training Centre||10||$195.00||
|HLTAID011 Provide first aid||Thursday, March 28, 2024||08:30 am - 04:00 pm||ISH24 Bendigo Training Centre||12||$195.00||
|HLTAID011 Provide first aid||Friday, May 3, 2024||08:30 am - 04:00 pm||ISH24 Bendigo Training Centre||12||$195.00||
|HLTAID011 Provide first aid||Thursday, May 30, 2024||08:30 am - 04:00 pm||ISH24 Bendigo Training Centre||12||$195.00||
|HLTAID011 Provide first aid||Friday, June 28, 2024||08:30 am - 04:00 pm||ISH24 Bendigo Training Centre||12||$195.00||
If no dates are displaying in the table above, or if you require alternative dates, please give us a call on 1300 001 201 or send us an enquiry using the form below for upcoming course options.
Send us an enquiry
Our training calendar has options for both public and private training courses. Send us a message or give us a call at 1300 001 201 to find out the next available training dates and book into a course.
Or visit us at any of our office locations
Head Office – Bendigo:
10 Trantara Court, East Bendigo, VIC 3550
East Perth Office:
21 Joel Terrace, East Perth, WA 6004
265 Forrest Street, Kalgoorlie, WA, 6430